Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hawaii was fabulous!

Yes - we just got back from Hawaii!
It was amazing! We went with Chad's parents and all his siblings. Our four kids were lucky enough to spend the week and a half with my parents and my sisters all helped out as well. Thank you family! This picture is from the Waiemea Falls area. This is atop the Pali Lookout - it is at the top of one of Hawaii's mountains and it is soooo windy! I had to keep a hold of my hat so it didn't go sailing.
It rained quite a bit, but Hawaii rain is wonderful. Downpour for a few minutes, then it's gone. We were driving past the temple and saw this double rainbow going over it (the second one is harder to see, but it is there!) Talk about a once in a lifetime shot!
This is just one of the amazing shots we got - this is overlooking what is called Rabbit Island, near Mokapuu Beach. Just stunning colors everywhere we looked!
I caught the waves crashing onto the rocks at Hanauma Bay - we went snorkeling here and saw some beautiful fish.
If you have never been to Hawaii, and you ever get the chance, go! It is everything you ever heard. Now that we have gone together, we would love to take the kids when they get older. The beaches are so enjoyable. We just had a great time and were able to spend a lot of time with Chad's parents, which doesn't happen very often. We are so grateful to Chad's family for a great vacation together and my family for helping us make it possible. Mahalo!
(means Thank You in Hawaiian)

5 comments:

Jen Hunter said...

Oh, cool pics. Makes me want to go back! Glad you guys had fun.

Doney Days said...

I love the pics Missy! It makes me want to go back too! :(

Merit Badge Mom said...

I love Hawaii!!! I am so glad you got a chance to go. Everyone should. Next time, I am not taking my kids.

Bethers Family said...

The best Hawaii trips are ones by yourself with kidney stones! Haha! I am so glad you got to go and the kids were so cute. Let's go as adults soon!!!

Christian and Karen Robinson said...

I'm so jealous of you guys! Glad you had so much fun!!